Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Torx masonry screws

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Too short, if spaced out by 50 mm IMHO. Provided it is reasonably good
brick you might get away with not less than 150 mm. They are pretty
secure, but as you are aware a TV bracket can impose a significant
moment, and therefore a "pull-out" force. And the force isn't constant,
it varies every time you use the bracket.

I had sort of that problem with the kitchen TV. The arm type bracket is
positioned near the edge of the chimney breast - too close to guarantee a
decent fixing to the brick. So I chased in a steel strip which is bolted
to the bricks further in, and the arm bolted to that. The steel strip is
tiled over, with tiles cut to fit around the arm mounting bracket.

--
*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.