Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Torx masonry screws

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
I have to attach a TV bracket to a conventional brick-with-plaster wall.
The bracket is a hinged extending design which means that even with a small
TV the weight supported will be considerable. Plus, the baseplate of the
bracket has to be spaced out from the wall by some 50mm, probably with a
block of timber or similar.

Would these Torx-head frame fixing screws be suitable? I've never used
them.

https://www.toolstation.com/masonry-...g-screw/p59092

Alternatively I could use conventional Rawl-type bolt fittings but would
need to replace the bolts with considerably longer ones if the design
allows; I've not found any which come with longer bolts as standard.

Many thanks.

Screwfix have Rawlbolts with a fixture size of 75mm in M10. they also do
M12 with a 60mm fixture size.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England