Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Driving at night

On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 16:39:23 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

Theoretically red light should leave *night vision* unaffected as the
rods are only sensitive by and affected by blue-green light (which is
why red lights are used in submarine cabins - to retain vision for the
periscope at night). I suspect that there is too much light during
normal driving to need the rods: and your blue sensitive cones should be
OK.

I can adjust the ambient lighting in the car to various colours. I chose
red.