Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default windscreens...

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
If it is your Mustang I would thing getting a replacement screen with be
a pain in the proverbial so, even if you need to pay, getting in someone
like Autoglass is well worth it.

Autoglass? Bunch of wank**s. They were the only option I had for an
insurance claim when the rear screen on the old Rover shattered (due, I
think, to a heating element fault)

It is installed in the old traditional way. Rubber seal. They re-used the
old seal and fitted it dry. Leaked like a sieve. BL manual says to use a
sealer between glass and rubber, and between rubber and body. During
fitting. They tried to seal it afterwards and failed. Then then said it
was the seal was leaking - not covered by insurance. And fitted a new seal
which I had to pay for. And gouged surrounding paint in two places. Still
leaked.

Eventually, a local independent removed it and did the job properly.

And not once did Autoglass apologise for their mistakes and the vast
inconvenience and money they cost me. Despite charging the insurance
company way over the odds for the new screen.

--
*I have my own little world - but it's OK...they know me here*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.