Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Why are long drill bits so hard to find?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0flc31m0wdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 00:03:54 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0fk852x2wdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 06 Feb 2020 22:54:45 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0fk62tkfwdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 06 Feb 2020 21:38:40 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0fk4a60zwdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 06 Feb 2020 20:39:07 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote
Thomas wrote

98mm is under 4 inches. What do you consider short?

The standard length for a 4mm width drill bit tends to be about
60mm.

Useless for almost every task.

Never found one that long useless for what I was doing
and I drilled a hell of a lot when building the house myself.
mostly for bolting the oregon facia boards onto the steel
vertical angle iron that I had welded to the steel roof beams.
Bolted on with gutter bolts.

I'll give you an example, I'm trying to drill through a conservatory
framework (which is 60mm thick) to put a bolt through it to go into
the
wall. I need 60mm for the cobalt drill to make the hole, plus some
extra
length as the drill chuck can't get right up against the framework
(due
the window framing). And even longer when I want to get into the
wall
with the masonry bit, having gone through the frame.

That can certainly happen, but to claim that 60mm long
drills are useless for almost every task is completely silly
and just another pathetic excuse for a troll.

Depends what work you do,

Not with your original stupid claim about almost every task.

Do you have OCD?

Nope.

Stop taking things so literally.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Then why did you take my words too literally

I didn't.

if you don't have OCD?

I don't.

If that was true, there were be no market for the 60mm long ones.

They sell because it's the only length you can get!

That's another pig ignorant lie.

It's damn hard to find long ones.

Only if you are as stupid as you.

I always find myself needing to drill a long distance.

Bull**** you do.

It is not bull****. You have no idea what I do.

I know that there are **** all situations
where a 60mm drill isnt plenty long enough.

Depends what you do with them.

**** all need drills longer than that very often.

And longer ones are trivially available anyway.

Not when I searched for them.

That's because you are too stupid to use the appropriate search term.

I typed long cobalt drill bit into Ebay and it came up with very few
options.

That's because you are too stupid to use the appropriate search term.

What's wrong with typing "long cobalt drill bit" when you want a long
cobalt drill bit?

It doesn't find the drills that are longer than 60mm, stupid.

The word "long" should give the search engine a clue.

It clearly doesn't with ebay, stupid. That uses the words that
the seller chooses to put in the header or the body if you tell
it to search in the body of the ad too.