Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Barometers and average pressure

On 06/02/2020 21:34, charles wrote:
In article op.0fk362g1wdg98l@glass,
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 06 Feb 2020 21:07:40 -0000, Steve Walker wrote:

On 06/02/2020 14:27, charles wrote:
In article op.0fkjut2bwdg98l@glass,
Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do barometers have different centre readings? I thought 1000 mbar
was average, as that's what barometers always used to have as the
central reading ("change"), but Wikipedia says it's 1013. I've seen
some newer ones with 1010 as the centre.

On mine it's 29.5 inches

Snap.

Are you one of those Merkins?

y barometer has the name of an old established Edinburgh company on the
dial.

And ours has the name of a Brighton company on it - but not on the dial,
as it hasn't got one, being a traditional mercury barometer.

SteveW