Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Washing line ground socket size

charles wrote:

I concreted in the metal base of our, then, current dryer. It's been there
getting on for 40 years, during which time we've had at least 2 new driers.
The pea shingle ide is fine if you want to leave teh drier in place, but
not if you hide it away when not in use.

My dryer must be a similar age (1), and the metal tube is sunk
into the lawn. I very rarely use it, and each time I do, I have
to get out the cable & metal detector to find the socket, through
the grass which has grown back over it.

(1) In the early 70s, I walked into a shop (remember House of
Holland?) in Deansgate, Manchester and bought a wheelbarrow and
rotary drying line. I assembled the barrow in the shop, put the
drying line on it, and set off for what was then Knott Mill
station. They were soon loaded into the guard's compartment of a
class 304 (well they had to have some virtue) for my journey home
to Burnage.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK