Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Gluing stone

On 06/02/2020 16:30, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
On 06/02/2020 11:45, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , GB
writes
On 06/02/2020 10:45, soup wrote:
Gorilla do a five minute epoxy that Gorilla state can cope with
moderate
amounts of water.
Â* So would be okay as a mid stone in the top of the wall, end stone
(no
mortar or other stones sheilding it ][from that side]) not so much.
Â*Bound to be a fully waterproof epoxy out there.

My car's wing mirror has been held on with araldite for the last
year. Is that not waterproof?

Ha! Mine too. Or at least the plastic cover. I replaced the first
one, £40.00. On the second occasion I decided araldite is cheaper.
Strangely, despite whinging about the visible glue lines, she has not
broken this one:-)

My wife told me that because the crane was badly parked and blocking
the road, it was *necessary* to hit the wing mirror on it. Perhaps
someone can explain this to me some time?

Presumably she means that there wasnt enough room to get
thru without hitting the mirror and she didnt realise that you
can manually fold the mirror against the car body with the cars
that dont have electric folding mirrors.

It did have electric folding mirrors.