Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur Clive Arthur is offline

Default Gluing stone

On 06/02/2020 13:30, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 06/02/2020 03:00, williamwright wrote:
I have a nice shaped limestone stone about a foot across. Trouble is
a clumsy clot broke it in two. It's a rounded stone for going on top
of a wall, and I'd like to use it again. Does anyone know if there's
an adhesive available for this sort of thing?

Bill

Limestone with lots of bond surface area?Â* Paint the faces with
diluted PVA to seal them, then use PVA to glue.

Outside in the rain? stupid.

Use an umbrella then. But seriously, does that mean all my 25 year old
Bath stone repairs I did when we moved in are going to fail?

Better move soon, thanks for the warning.

--
Cheers
Clive