Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Washing line ground socket size

On 06/02/2020 12:09, Caecilius wrote:
My next project is laying a patio, and I want to include a ground
socket for a rotary washing line. It'll be concreted in, so won't be
easy to replace later without damaging the slabs.

Is there a standard size for washing line ground sockets? I hope the
patio will outlive the washing line.

Also, are there any recommendations for good sockets? I don't mind
spending a bit more on a decent metal socket if it'll last better than
a plastic one.

I concreted in a 2 foot length of heavy duty plastic tube that had
an inside diameter of about 3 inches into the ground and the aluminium
pole sits centrally surrounded by pea shingle which locks it into place
with hardly any movement. The plastic tube is just below ground level.

A short length of scaffolding would probably be ok, but cutting a
short length without an angle grinder is a bit of a sweat with a
plain hacksaw.