Rod Speed

Default Prewiring alarm for a new house

JerryMouse wrote in message
alarman wrote
Kukutyin wrote

You don't need prewiring the house. if you are use German Shepherd

You are a fool if you think a dog is the answer to your security
needs. Same goes for a gun. I just love it when some idiot says
"alarm? My .357 is the only protection I need."

A homeowner with a pistol (or the fear of a homeowner
with a pistol) is the only guaranteed burglary deterent.

It isnt guaranteed, essentially because no burglar can
be sure that someone inside the house is armed, and
obviously if there is no one in the house when its being
burgled, the gun wont do a damned thing to the burglar.

The big advantage of a dog is that with a suitable dog, even
the stupidest crim should be aware that the dog is there.

Guard dogs can be killed,

Not that easy if the dog is inside the house.

All you normally need to do is provide enough of an
incentive for the crim to loot someone else's house.

Even the stupidest crim can usually be relied on to work that out.

alarms don't bother the smash-and-grab crooks,

A large dog does tho.

burglar bars only slow the squints.

Oh bull****. What its about is making it obvious that your place is
a hell of a lot more of a hassle to loot that someone else's place.

Don't believe me? Put the following sign on your front door:

There are no
GUNS
in this house!

And see how long you last.

Irrelevant to whether a suitable dog is more use
than a gun, particularly when there is no one home.