Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Joys of rural living.

Tim+ wrote

I think youll find theyre a lot more sophisticated than
simple impact sensors. Theyll be analysing movements
(or lack of) after sudden accelerations to see if they fit
the profile of a fall followed by immobility.

But can stuff up rather spectacularly.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/appl...ht-tv_id120286

No big deal if you are mentally competent but
presumably a serious problem with the gaga.

I'd like to try one but I always hated wearing watches
and havent bothered for decades literally now.

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:
Yes I thought it might be more than that.
I was intrigued to learn that Apple have a fall detector in their
watches,
I wonder how reliable that is. One assumes you would not have it on if
doing
something like breaking up concrete or doing judo!
Brian

--
Please don't feed the trolls