Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default windscreens...

On 05/02/2020 17:36, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 15:56:40 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 05/02/2020 15:34, Michael Chare wrote:

The cost for these repairs can be quite low as they save insurance
companies from having to buy new windscreens.

I've noticed that in recent years the insurance companies I've used have
started to apply a compulsory excess of at least £100 on windscreen
replacement (more if you don't use their approved replacement company)

On the same subject, on a renewal quote that may have a reasonable
premium watch out that the insurance company hasn't increased the
compulsory excess amounts meaning that they are taking much less of the
damage/loss risk when you renew your insurance with them.

When I had our Citroen Grand Picasso screen changed, it had to be taken
away and the cars onboard electronics recalibrated as the camera which
feeds loads of gizmos had to be moved.

that is why insurance companies are getting annoyed at the cost of those
stupid screens......puting the price up for the rest of us.....