Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default windscreens...

On 05/02/2020 10:41, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 10:26:07 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody had any luck using those chinky windscreen repair kits?

If a repair is possible many insurance policies cover that for a
tenner and no affect on your no-claims bonus. You'll get a
"professional" repair and less argument from the insurance co should
the damage grow requiring a replacement screen.

yes but this stone hit damage has been on the windscreen for a good few
MOT's and I don't suppose my insurance would be happy with them being
landed with the bill rather than the prev owner....anyway I have done
the repair and it looks quite good......