Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Schiff's closing speech

On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 00:02:37 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 20:22:43 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 04 Feb 2020 07:42:06 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 00:15:57 -0500, micky
wrote:

Schiff's closing speech: 'Is there one among you who will...'
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...r-him-n1128766
Worth listening to.

I have this vision of someone like Mitt Romney -
- jacket off & sleeves rolled up -
silently standing up and holding a crude sign
over his head and turning it for all to see
think Sally Field in Norma Rae
... and slowly and quietly one-by-one
the room begins to stand and applaud.
Finally - Dems and brave Republicans can agree
on a simple but crucial basic tenet of US democracy.
The one-word sign distills the Trump regime
perfectly ....
__ insert something clever here __

John T.

I know what you mean. My vision was someone giving a press interview
after this, and asap to give others time to think about it, and saying
he was voting for conviction. Or better yet, on Wednesday I think the
senators get to talk, doing it there, and one by one others also voting
for conviction, at least 5 of them.

Maybe he's waiting until the last minute so his family won't be
kidnapped or he won't be killed.

"Is there one among you" could be "Is there no one among you who is a
man?"

Republicans whose Term of Service Expires in 2021, some of whom are
retiring anyhow, though I don't know who.

I guess only the ones who are retiring face no political risk, but they
may fear STumpie will try to ruin them in their retirement. (So it's the
ones not up for re-election until 2024 who face the least risk (below)).

Alexander, Lamar (R-TN)
Capito, Shelley Moore (R-WV)
Cassidy, Bill (R-LA)
Collins, Susan M. (R-ME)
Cornyn, John (R-TX)
Cotton, Tom (R-AR)
Daines, Steve (R-MT)
Enzi, Michael B. (R-WY)
Ernst, Joni (R-IA)
Gardner, Cory (R-CO)
Graham, Lindsey (R-SC)
Hyde-Smith, Cindy (R-MS)
Inhofe, James M. (R-OK)
McConnell, Mitch (R-KY)
Perdue, David (R-GA) Loves chicken.
Risch, James E. (R-ID)
Roberts, Pat (R-KS)
Rounds, Mike (R-SD)
Sasse, Ben (R-NE)
Sullivan, Dan (R-AK)
Tillis, Thom (R-NC)

Any other republican was

Republicans Whose Term of Service Expires in 2025, who would have well
over 4 years from the time they voted to convict to convince their
voters that that was acceptable, if not good.

Barrasso, John (R-WY)
Blackburn, Marsha (R-TN)
Braun, Mike (R-IN)
Cramer, Kevin (R-ND)
Cruz, Ted (R-TX) the one who was called Lying Ted by a much bigger
liar, and who never fought back for that, and is now
one of Stumpie's biggest supporters. It will take a
lot to wake him up.
Fischer, Deb (R-NE)
Hawley, Josh (R-MO)
Romney, Mitt (R-UT)
Scott, Rick (R-FL)
Wicker, Roger F. (R-MS)

Only 10 of the 33 or 34 elected in 2018 were Republicans.

Partly because people were so disgusted with Rump in 2018

Pelosi did just fine tonight. Ripped his speach up right behind him
on camera.

Like a ****ing 5 year old having a temper tantrum, not like the
Speaker of the House.
Anything the democrats have said about Trump's behavior and lack of
respect for his office went out the window tonight.
The ads will write themselves over that stunt.
It wouldn't shock me if a blue dog, scared of losing their seat votes
nay.