Posted to alt.home.repair
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Asbestos tiles in closet

On 2/3/2020 6:26 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 11:52:11 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
On 2/2/2020 8:21 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/2/2020 7:39 PM, Hawk wrote:
On 2/2/2020 12:44 PM, Nech2 wrote:
I have what I believe is 9x9 asbestos tiles on all my closet floors
few broken
or cracked. I have some leftover laminate flooring food I just put
that over
the tiles as to not do more damage to them by taking things in and
out of the
closet or should it be some how sealedÂ* could I use adhesive carpet
squares or
tiles

How do you plan to lay the new floor over them? Adhesive? Nails? Using
nails will break the asbestos tiles and cause airborne particles. Not
something I'd do. Adhesive will be on top of the asbestos tiles and
have to rely on the integrity of those tiles which in time, could
start to loosen. I'd choose to remove the tiles and be done with any
potential problems. If it's a large area, you could hire a
professional. Otherwise, I'd wet the entire area and remove it myself
using protective gear, of course.

The asbestos is bound up by the composite resin.

Which could also be asbestos material.

It is not going to
jump up at you.

It can if disturbed and it only requires a single particle.

It only requires a single particle to do what, exactly?

Cindy Hamilton

To inhale and develop mesothelioma.