Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default weather instrument barograph ink resource and pen modification? **UPDATE**

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:01:21 -0500, J-J wrote:

Ok, an update. Unfortunately, here's what happened after trying an oil
based ink from Staples. It almost seems like there was a "hemorrhage"
of sorts, then almost nothing (in fact, I didn't even realize there was
any trace at all until uploading the photo... I did turn the drum a day
ahead to get past the huge ink spot):

https://imgur.com/a/GcYaO8c

https://www.metcheck.co.uk/blogs/barographs/156686919-how-to-get-a-good-barogram
All the items mentioned apply.

I was using and recommending ink absorbent paper. According to the
above URL, that's wrong. It did work for me, but wasn't very good
looking. However, it didn't create a huge ink blob. At this point, I
don't know exactly what is wrong. It could be wrong ink, wrong type
of paper, bad nib spacing in the pen, bent nibs, etc. Dunno. I don't
have a barograph handy for testing.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D