The Natural Philosopher

Default Where to get a simple 100ml plastic syringe

PoP wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:34:20 GMT, "Jet"
wrote:

Had to do this myself so I dug a used silicone tube out of the wheelie bin,
unscrewed (eventually) the nozzle and inserted one of SWMBO's finest
knitting needle into the hole (Backwards, holding pointy end or you risk
puncturing the disk) to force the plunger disk out. Clean the tube / nozzle
/ plunger disk then fill with pva

Screwfix do a bag of 12 new nozzles for 99 pence - item #84994. I
bought a bag last week when ordering something else.

Good griefe. I had about 6 spare nozzles last month - if you are really
going through (in my case decorators caulk) why bother to cut a new
nozzle and fill it with gunk. I simply fitted nozzle to new tibe,
thereby not wasting what was in it, and acquiring several new nozzles as
I worked my way through a sixc pack of tbes,.

(For teh curious, green oak shrinks in a massive way after a couple of
years, and decorators caulk is the bees knees for tidying up in a
redecoration exercise).

Reason for getting these nozzles was that I'm fed up of throwing away
half a tube of Gripfill (or similar) when I'm part way thru a job. Now
I don't think it will extend the Gripfill past the end of the job, but
if it can just hold back the inevitable for a couple of hours that'll
do me.

Put a nail in the end.

Haven't tried it out yet, but for a few pence I may save a few pounds.