Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Ceiling fans, worth having?

On 01/31/2020 05:00 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 1/31/2020 5:50 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Mickey's post about fans triggered this question. A short search
turned this up:
https://www.energyvanguard.com/blog/7-things-you-may-not-know-about-ceiling-fans

The short version is they're pretty much worthless.
Whatcha guys think?

We heat with wood , and without the ceiling fans all our heat would be
at the ceiling . Keeping the air moving makes the temps a lot more
uniform throughout the house . In winter they blow up so warm air moves
down around the perimeter , summer they blow down for direct airflow .

I lived in a cabin with wood heat. It was very picturesque with sort of
a cathedral ceiling and a sleeping loft at one end. I'd come home after
work, throw some wood in the airtight stove, and it was soon up to a
comfortable temperature. Then I'd climb up to the loft that would be
around 90 degrees. I learned a lot about cabin design that winter.