Philip

Default Wiring question

I was planning on using line voltage (120V) 14 awg romex or if needed
14 awg armored cable.

"SQLit" wrote in message news:nGQic.92140$U83.31552@fed1read03...
"Philip" wrote in message
om...
Does code allow for running power wires behind crown molding? Do I
need to run the wires in conduit? Thanks.

Philip

What kind of wiring did you have in mind? Speaker, phone, or cat5 would be
fine because they are all low voltage.

Line voltage, if your running romex, or armored, I would say yes as long as
the wire was protected from nails. Example your using 6" crown in a room.
Position the wire in the center of the crown molding were there will never
be any nails or screws I would think would be ok. I have run romex or
armored behind cabinets, and under cabinets and had it inspected no worries.

Check with the local guys just be sure and safe