Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How keep a threaded rod centered thru a 1,5" hole

On 1/30/20 6:36 PM, Deguza wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to install a Moen faucet to an existing basin. I discovered that the threaded rod that goes down through the mounting hole does not keep centered when I tighten the thread from the bottom.

So the base of the spout slides forward and exposes part of the 1.5" mounting hole.

I am trying to get the base to stay in place with plumbers putty, but I doubt it will work.

I looked for a very large cone washer, but it does not seem to exist.

I can think of various spacers (1.5" OD, .25" ID) that would do the job, but I don't have access to the tools to manufacture them anymore.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Deguza

P.S.: Here is a photo of what it looks like now:

https://photos-us.bazaarvoice.com/ph...d-0f374d104c9a

cable glands, liquidtite strain relief hubs?