Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hydrogen engines

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Only pretty old ones. The emissions regulations will have removed any
carb car later than the 'vintage car cutoff date'. I think thats more
than 40 years old essentially.

Not so. 1996 is the date. Earlier than that, a decent carb car can pass
the emissions requirement.

Carbs can pass the post-96 emissions tests, it just takes more effort
and extra controls and so was generally easier to do with injection and
carbs pretty well disappeared from new cars then.

Quite. We were very late in mandating cats. in this country. Other
countries had cats. and carbs many years earlier.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.