Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hydrogen engines

On 28/01/2020 21:00, Robin wrote:
On 28/01/2020 18:33, Steve Walker wrote:

I would love to save money by saving energy, but physical constraints
rule out better insulation as an option - other than replacing all the
windows.

For our bedrooms I've pondered filling in the windows in (with
insulation), heat recovery vents through the ceiling, and flat screen
TVs on the inside with a live feed from external cameras to see if it's
raining etc.Â* But I feel there's likely to be problems with the planners
and over fire access

I've also pondered, given theÂ* thermal performance of even double glazed
windows,Â* putting to the Treasury the merits of a "window tax".

You can add thermally interlined curtains and gain at least double tethe
double glazed performance

--
€œIdeas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith