Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Size Orchard Ladder?

On 1/28/20 4:20 PM, Dwight Gibb wrote:
I would like advise on whether to buy an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.

I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high. To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch to an orchard ladder.

Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do, but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places which collect snow and cause winter breakage.

I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dwight Gibb

Would renting a towable man lift be an option?