Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Size Orchard Ladder?

I would like advise on whether to buy an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.

I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high. To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch to an orchard ladder.

Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do, but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places which collect snow and cause winter breakage.

I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dwight Gibb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 14:20:59 -0800 (PST), Dwight Gibb
wrote:

I would like advice on buying an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.
I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high.
To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch
to an orchard ladder.
Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do,
but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places
which collect snow and cause winter breakage.
I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Dwight Gibb

Go big or go home.

http://tinyurl.com/v4hdzwr

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/20 5:20 PM, Dwight Gibb wrote:
I would like advise on whether to buy an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.

I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high. To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch to an orchard ladder.

Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do, but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places which collect snow and cause winter breakage.

I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dwight Gibb

Older/Safety Priority/Stay the Hell Off Ladders!

--
"Sir, were surrounded".

"Good, then we can attack in any direction".
- Lt. General Lewis "Chesty" Puller
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/20 4:20 PM, Dwight Gibb wrote:
I would like advise on whether to buy an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.

I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high. To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch to an orchard ladder.

Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do, but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places which collect snow and cause winter breakage.

I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dwight Gibb

Would renting a towable man lift be an option?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I would like advise on whether to buy an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.

I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high. To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch to an orchard ladder.

Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do, but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places which collect snow and cause winter breakage.

I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dwight Gibb

The only advantage to a small ladder is it is easier to move.
Over-reaching from a short ladder is dangerous. If a 12 footer doesn't
make it impossible to get the ladder into place a 12 wpuld be even
better - and you still have the 8 foot stepladder for those
applications.