Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

John Rumm wrote:
On 27/01/2020 07:38, Chris Hogg wrote:

So in the future our cars could either be powered by electric motors
and batteries or ICE's and hydrogen, both recharged in our garages.

You will get significantly better efficiency from the fuel cell option,
although as a way of keeping classic cars running it might be worth it.

Well if LPG is available that would be a far better solution.

(also there is the problem of whether you can burn the hydrogen cleanly
enough in a traditional ICE)

From what Ive picked up off the net hydrogen in an IC engine is just a
terrible idea. Its nothing like as straightforward as running an engine on
LPG. It just has all the wrong combustion characteristics.

https://youtu.be/l6ECwRnJ0Sg

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls