Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hydrogen engines

On 27/01/2020 14:31, Robin wrote:

Plow**** vomited:

Quite. If all the housing stock in the UK was upgraded to decent
standards
of insulation, energy use would drop dramatically.

If it were Christmas every day, energy would dtrop dramaitically. Keepin
all those lefty****s in makework jobs adds at least 25GW to our energy bills

But it would seem many prefer to have lots of cheap energy to waste. ;-)

I can't see much wrong with lots of /clean/ cheap energy - preferably so
cheap it's not worth metering.Â* I for one would be very happy if we'd
had by now such electricity from fusion (ideally proton-proton!).Â* But
in the absence of that I am also someone who prefers not to have
hand-waving calls for insulation and heat pumps to replace domestic gas
from people who refuse to answer questions about costs, risks and
consequences.Â* Eg, what's your answer to the risks to Victorian housing
stock from the usual approaches to solid wall insulation?

A lot of chaps with tea-towels on their heads would be *very* upset if
electrivcity were too cheap to meter...