Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fog lights MOT

In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
DSGs are great for *performing* the gear change with a smoothness that
most manual drivers (me included) cannot always achieve. But I would
want to remain in control of *when* the gearchange occurred.

Can always choose the manual mode - at least, on my DSG I have the
choice. Including flippers on steering wheel.

Man in dealer when I was looking around (a few years ago now), said that
most people play with the flippers a few times when they first drive a
DSG car. Then never use them again.

Quite. Mine as well as the steering wheel shifters allows you to move the
gearlever back or forward against a spring to change gear - like on a
motorbike. In manual mode I actually prefer that to the steering wheel
buttons. Later versions have paddles.

But other than playing with it, the auto generally works just fine.

--
*Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.