Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

On Monday, 27 January 2020 12:20:44 UTC, NY wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
You drive a manual at present?

Yes. I like to control when the car changes gear so I don't get a sudden
surge of power if the car changes down when I wasn't expecting it - eg in
response to a slight increase in throttle where I'd stay in the same gear in
a manual.

DSGs are great for *performing* the gear change with a smoothness that most
manual drivers (me included) cannot always achieve. But I would want to
remain in control of *when* the gearchange occurred.

Can always choose the manual mode - at least, on my DSG I have the choice. Including flippers on steering wheel.

Man in dealer when I was looking around (a few years ago now), said that most people play with the flippers a few times when they first drive a DSG car. Then never use them again.