Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

On 25/01/2020 14:55, Roger Hayter wrote:
ARW wrote:

How many times do you think in that time I have needed to use my fog
lights to meet the required 100m visibility guide line?

--

Adam

They don't make fog like they used to. I've done about 30,000 miles a
year from 1980 to 2010 and I really only recollect a couple of occasions
when rear foglights weren't a positive nuisance. OTOH I remember 2
weeks of freezing fog in Leeds in the 1960s when you couldn't see a lamp
post at arm's length.

I'm surprised you did not in those 30 years meet falling snow which
reduced visibility well below 100m. I did just while commuting 16 miles
a day in London!

--
Robin