Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 24/01/2020 13:45:51, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Ray wrote:
You'll next be telling us what a success universal credit has been -
for those receiving it. And how NHS waiting times have come down.

Those are irrelevant to your stupid lie that the Tories have moved to
the right

I take it you think cutting benefits

That¼s a lie.

I do realise you are a right winger, but do you have to be like Trump and
say the truth is a lie?

Just the tiniest bit of research - other than in the Express - would soon
tell you about the effects of universal credit.

I don't think many can justify the 5 week automatic delay in receipt of
Tax Credits, nor the administrative delays in receiving housing costs,
unless they're a sadist.

You could actually answer the reference, "And are you seriously trying
to claim that Blair and Brown didn¼t do any move to the right ?" rather
than calling it a lie.

You might look at the bits I was replying to in order.

Most would consider Blair to be more right wing than thatcher,

Most as in you?

he
privatised assets Thatcher didn't want to.

Thatcher 'privatized' thing for her own political advantage.

I could go on with PPPs.

Think most conveniently forget his period in office was one of the most
prosperous in a lifetime for most. While allowing lots of investment in
public services, like the NHS.

So what? The Labour Party is usually allowed to take power in boom
times, so they can be blamed when the poorer part of the economic cycle
occurs, and the Conservatives duly elected as it looks better for the
latter to impoverish the poor. But Blair did not only presise over
expansion, he also consolidated de-professionalisation and privatisation
in the health and other sectors. Our rulers prefer to use Labour to do
this, as it is harder to whip up opposition. The same applies to
anti-union laws which were bitterly opposed when Thatcher proposed them,
but regarded as "statesmanlike" when Blair continued the process.

--

Roger Hayter