Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Where does paint all go?

On 24/01/2020 18:09, wrote:

It is so easy to increase recycling rate that with all the talk about it I have to wonder exactly why it's not being done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkj7gZmuuhU

Too many rules about what can and what cannot be recycled. My local
council has one colour sack for general rubbish and a different coloured
sack for all mixed recycling. Cardboard can be left at the side of the
sacks. Friends living in a different area are required to separate
different recycled products into different containers and cannot leave
cardboard out that still has packing tape, plastics cannot be put into a
plastic bag and have to remain individually loose in a box etc.

I personally shred most junk mail and documents and compost it.Most of
my cardboard waste also goes to the compost heap although I've noticed
recently that after the campaign to use few plastic bags food
manufactures are starting to use plastic coated cardboard which is a
complete PITA to compost as the plastic film doesn't rot and has to be
fished out of the final compost product.