Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where does paint all go?

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 18:06:24 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I'm also cutting down on my meat intake

Why ?

After a friend that loved his meat, always ate
large amounts died of bowel cancer in his 40s....

Thats mad unless you also ate large amounts of meat.

So you confirm that meat is the cause ?
He was also a motor cycle courier, so spent a lot of time on his arse
on a motor bike 10 hours or so a day.

His wife used to tell he he used to read a chapter of
a book or listen to a few songs while taking a crap....

Not surprising that bowel cancer can have downsides.

The NHS sends out tests as there are early warning signs.
There must be a reason.

and that I've never really been a fan of steaks,

Its just one type of meat.

Yes I know. But is it the meat or the chemicals used in the mass processing
of that meat, which can cause other cancers.

and chops didn't like the fatty or chewy bits even as a kid,

Ditto.

and the cruelty in obtaining some of these meats,

So eat the meat that doesnt involve any cruelty.

Difficult to find out, unless you visit the slaughter house or farm.
Even more difficult in large cities like London.
Or yuo trust the suppliers, but if teh supliers can;t tell a horse
from a cow ....

and the effect of large aminal populations sustained
for food, and the methane they produce.

Climate has changed much more due to other factors.

No not according to the lasted news and research.
It's not just methane which is far worse than CO2 it's the urine
getting back into the water system, and then the transportation.

And of cours ethe size of fat americans
and how they like their meat.

No reason why anyone has to pig out like they do.

True, but it's getting similar here, when you see the state of the arses waddling out of burger and fast food outlets.
I see kids at lunchtime filling themselves up with KFC etc...
I never did that and can't work out how they can afford it either.

Although a wing and chips for a quid isn't bad I guess.

I saw a coup,e on the tube that had
difficulty seating on a single seat !.

Mate of mine was like that. But it wasnt due to the meat he ate.

There can be many reasons but when it's a 10 year-old kids I think
there might be a connection between eating and fatness.

They can't all use the excuse they are training to be sumo wrestlers
or rap stars.

Anoher fact is that during WWII due to rationing the UK city populations
were healtheir than they are today, apart from being killed by bombs that is.

I just decided to cut down.

Mad.

Logical.

Luckily I found a few things that are veggie that
I genuinely like and prefer to the meat versions.

I havent found anything much. Toasted cheese on toast
is about it and I havent had that for about a decade now.

Why not, I have cheese and vegan ham tosted sandwhiches, I don't miss
the 'real' ham other than not having to spit out the bits of solid fat or bone.

Just bought some cheese yesterday but havent eaten
any of it yet and dont plan to eat it that often.

I like various cheeses, there;s loads of choice in most supermarkets here.
Brie is nice with cranberry sauce and I like chedder with beetroot ketchup.
But swap them over and it just tatses weird.
I like whisky & cock but not whisky and orange like a friend likes.
The only time I lioke Jack daniels is with coke, I can't drink it neat.
But other whiskies (scotch) I don't like with coke.
But if bought for me I'll drink it, but I won't buy it.

Red pepper and feta cheese rolls :-)

https://www.higgidy.co.uk/product/wo...veggie-rolls-0

I do eat one version of Gozleme which has no meat
but alternate it with the other that does, from Aldi.

Then aldi version of the Red pepper and feta cheese rolls is horrible,
sure 35% cheaper but so bad I had to throw them away I could eat them.

trouble is I can eat a box of the above with,
either garlic mayo or beetroot ketchup and
a cup of tea at midnight before going to bed.

Thats why you are as fat as the worst yanks.

I'm not fat but have put on about 2KG since May 2019.
but this month lost 0.3KG

according to this my BMI is 24.5

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...mi-calculator/