Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

On 24/01/2020 00:06:31, Brian Reay wrote:
NY wrote:
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 23/01/2020 13:21, NY wrote:
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 23/01/2020 12:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it OK for rear fog lights to go off when the ignition is turned
off?....

Yes.

They should only be used on certain types of road (plus other
conditions), not for example in towns etc. Therefore you don't need them
when the engine is off!

Is there actually any prohibition from using them on certain types of
road. I though the only rule was the obvious one of "turn off rear fog
lights when the following car is so close that it will be dazzled by
them"?

Oh dear....

Rather than tutting, perhaps you'd like to point me to the exact
regulations. OK, so I omitted to say "only use them when it's foggy",
because I thought that was blindingly obvious, though many people seem to
use them even when it's completely clear (not even light mist).

Is there something in the highway code about classes of road or its speed
limit which regulates when they may or may not be used, despite thick fog,
subject always to the "don't dazzle" rule.

Perhaps you should stop digging.

Perhaps you could provide the source for your claims?