Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fog lights MOT

On 24/01/2020 08:20, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Friday, 24 January 2020 07:32:21 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 23/01/2020 20:36, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Thursday, 23 January 2020 12:04:20 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it OK for rear fog lights to go off when the ignition is turned off?....

Anyone ever fully understood why we only have one high intensity rear fog lamp?

some very old buses have ONE rear light and it is still legal to have
them on the road and it is not an MOT failure....

I understand that rules for old vehicles are different, but on a vehicle which otherwise has a full set of lights on both sides, it seems odd to allow a single HIRF.

Why?

rear lights are there to signal teh presence of anpother vehicle or the
intentions of the one its on.

Indicators are one at a time. Plenty of brake lights are in threes. It
is only a question of ensuriong that teh vehicle witdh is known that
means we generally have two rear riding lights.

One high intensity fog lamp that can cut through to a greater range is
better than two that can't. Peak power is what you want here.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)