Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Fog lights MOT

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
My Mustang doesn't have reversing lights and this is quite legal as it
wasn't made a requirement until quite recently......

I remember going to pick up my sister from a party which was down a long
unlit farm track. I was in my mum's car which was old enough that it didn't
have reversing lights or rear fog lights. When I got to the end of the road
there was nowhere to turn round. With only the tail lights for illumination,
I had to reverse what seemed like a very long way along a narrow twisty lane
until I eventually found a gateway where I could turn. The car was so
underpowered that it needed my foot on the throttle all the time I was
reversing, otherwise I'd have pressed the footbrake just far enough to put
on the brighter brake lights.

Nowadays we take reversing lights as standard and we rely on them - even if
they are a single anaemic glow-worm of light, as on my present car.