Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where does paint all go?

On Wednesday, 22 January 2020 14:14:09 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 January 2020 12:30:38 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:08:50 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

If we do buy a plastic bottle of drink it's rarely just water out of
principal. Do they say bottled water is 1000 times more expensive than
tap water and often not as well tested as tap water?

It's what they say, but few people buy tap water anyway.

Probably over 99% of households buy tapwater

Most bottled water is spring water or other types.

spring, mineral or soft drinks.

Another thing to remmber is that the water is tested BEFORE it goes through the pipes to our homes. Even my cat won;t drink frest tap water she'll wait 15 mins then go and drink it, this could be down to temperature as I've noticed she
is more likely to drink warm water.

cats normally prefer cold water, but they often don't like the chlorination in tapwater.

What a mad world we live in ...

IMHO the law is a changeable part of the problem.

But I did have a vegan choclate bar today, but of course that was wrapped in plastic with a cardboard sleeve which has gone in the correct recycle bin.
Now whether or not it gets recycled I don't know.
But it was noted that all the recycled paper and card went into the same truck
as standard waste a year ago.

Still not sure what I can do about electrical waste, as in electroncis
and no longer used wall marts.

If you mean wallwarts I don't think they're recyclable.

NT