Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default what's a quick way to verify UVC from germicidal lamp?

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 3:07:39 PM UTC-5, James Reaper wrote:

Something I've always wondered about were Tesla coils. When I was a
kid, I built one and let it run arcing from HV to ground for nearly an
hour. When my parents arrived home from work, the house was so full of
ozone that we all had to leave for a couple of hours with the windows
wide opened to air out the house. Would that much ozone have killed
surface bacteria as a germicidal lamp would have?

http://www.ozoneapplications.com/inf...ld_viruses.htm

It takes a LOT. Once that level is reached, however, the killing does not take a huge amount of time. And ozone concentrations will vary by the amount diffused and the amount generated as it is very short-lived.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA