Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Reaper James Reaper is offline

Default what's a quick way to verify UVC from germicidal lamp?

On 1/18/20 4:11 PM, KC JONES wrote:
I've had a germicidal lamp more or less in storage for a number of
years, but recently brought it out to sterilize a room where a person
had been sick.Â* However, I don't know if it still emits the germ killing
UVC spectrum.Â* What's a quick way I could tell for sure?Â* Thanks.

Something I've always wondered about were Tesla coils. When I was a
kid, I built one and let it run arcing from HV to ground for nearly an
hour. When my parents arrived home from work, the house was so full of
ozone that we all had to leave for a couple of hours with the windows
wide opened to air out the house. Would that much ozone have killed
surface bacteria as a germicidal lamp would have?