Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Cleaning a gas oven

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:44:02 +0000, Jody
m wrote:

My gas oven needs to be cleaned but since I've never had one before, I'm
concerned about the flame. It does have an electric start.

Just don't bump into the electric starter. You could bend an electrode
if you hit it just right or hard enough.

And if the flame isn't coming out of every hole, use a tooth pick or
even something bigger to clean each hole.

For the rest of it, you're on your own.

Oh, make sure you don't have a continuous cleaning oven. They can't be
cleaned or you ruin them. There are not too many of them left, but I
think they're great. If one is dirty, you just say, Not my fault, not
allowed to clean them. And they're never perfectly clean but they never
get very dirty either. You can google the model number to see if it is
one, or they have a slightly fuzzy inside, so if you can find someplace
that's mostly clean and can tell fuzzy from dirty, anmd fuzzy from
smooth, you should be able to figure it out.