Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DAB reception

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 22/01/2020 13:17, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 11:22:05 +0000, Andrew wrote:

It's not great, is it? I remember when it was first introduced
with
'CD quality sound' and bitrate of 192 kbps. Listening to it now,
it
sounds like medium wave without the fade or the static.

Comments like that just shows you've no real experience of either.

You live in London though where DAB is fine while FM can be a
problem because of illegal transmitters, buildings etc.

Many parts of the country have better FM reception than DAB.

Anything (FM) is better than nothing (DAB)...

The car has DAB, the few times I've listened to it there is something
about the quality/procesing that makes it very wearing to listen to.
Can't take more than half an hour or so before having to switch to
something else, which can be the same station on FM that isn't
wearing...

I don't find that DAB in the car objectionable apart from the gaps in
signal coverage when driving along minor roads like the A1 and M62.

It might work OK in London and the SE but that is the only place where
it does! FM degrades gracefully whereas DAB is all or nothing.

strange. With DAB in my car I can get reception all the way up the M6

Not strange at all, you just have a better DAB system in your car.