Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Where does paint all go?

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 January 2020 16:46:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Jethro_uk
writes
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:03:13 +0000, T i m wrote:

Mum and Dad went to Singapore a few years back and they said that
place
was immaculate and I believe there are very strong fines for
littering
or dropping gum.

I *personally* regard littering - from the odd fag end right the way up
to flytipped tonnes - as one of the worst crimes a person can commit.
It's lack of respect for where I have to live is indicative of a very
bad
person.

I'd be more than happy to see custodial sentences for littering. And I
would suspect a lot of petty crime would disappear overnight.

I think it's called the broken windows approach ?

I am waiting for this offence to be linked to dash cam footage. Don't
need
to involve the Police, just threaten their driving licence!

Doesn't work with illegal drugged driving.

True but why single out drugged driving,

Thats the most recent example of where custodial
sentence has been tried with minor offences.

why not just have dangerous driving.

Because that hasnt been tried recently with custodial sentences.

If anything its hard to get a custodial sentence now
even with common assault. Its got to be pretty serious
assault to end up with a custodial sentence now.

If yuo can drive drunk

We only do custodial sentences for that
if you end up killing someone and even
then its rare to get a custodial sentence.

or ****ed up with drugs

Doesnt have to be ****ed up
to get a custodial sentence in
the recent past, just test positive.

or even drive blind was is that worse that driving while
drinking a bottle of water or doing yuor make-up.

You dont get a custodial sentence for that.

Hardly ever even loss of license.