Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default DAB reception

On 22/01/2020 15:04, David Wade wrote:
On 21/01/2020 19:34, F wrote:
We have a couple of DAB radio alarm clocks. One of them will find and
play radio channels, albeit with a low signal strength. The other can't
get a reliable signal despite being just the other side of the bed. Both
have lengths of thin wire for aerials.

Is there anything I can do to get reception? I've moved the wire on the
difficult one up, down, left and right but got nowhere.

My DAB set suffers from interference from phone chargers and other
assorted generators of RF HASH. You haven't got some sort of wall
wart/laptop charger/wifi extender plugged in near?

Dave

No, but there's a phone charger next to the one that works!

Would soldering a length of wire onto the end of the aerial to extend it
help?