Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default DAB reception

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
Umm.. ignorance on display... I suppose I was vaguely aware that the
Internet carries stuff other than podcasts/U tube etc. but it hadn't
occurred to me that the current awful radio DAB sound reproduction might
be overcome by purchasing a suitable Internet enabled tuner!

Anyone care to make a recommendation for a high street model? I have a
suitable outlet inches away from the kitchen radio site and am not
clever enough to play with a raspberry pi.

Are you really saying you can hear the difference in sound quality between
DAB and FM or internet on a kitchen radio?

Roberts RD 21, no longer young, but the *buzz* particularly in male
announcer voice reproduction has been there since DAB came along. FM
reception in deepest Herts. is not good enough to compare.
No current Internet comparison.

--
Tim Lamb