Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Where does paint all go?

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:31:34 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:03:13 +0000, T i m wrote:

Mum and Dad went to Singapore a few years back and they said that place
was immaculate and I believe there are very strong fines for littering
or dropping gum.

I *personally* regard littering - from the odd fag end

There are signs outside our daughters flats about 'Cleaning up after
your dog' but none (and they are needed) about smokers cleaning up
after themselves? There are loads of fag ends where they hang about
outside the flats (they aren't allowed to smoke inside any of the flat
blocks) but they seem to think it's 'ok', just to throw them on the
ground and walk off? The same seems to apply to some drinkers as one
empty can seems to soon attract more. ;-(

right the way up
to flytipped tonnes -

A neighbour caught such recently on his CCTV. A guy with a tipper
collect a load of general house refurb waste from a house, drove it
200 yards up the same road and shot it out on some communal grass, in
broad daylight!

as one of the worst crimes a person can commit.

Well, I'm not sure I would quite go that far but it is right up there
and often linked with other 'anti social' (at least) activities /
altitudes. Large scale fly tipping (especially commercially) should
result in large fines, complete clear-up / disposal costs recovered,
along with a marker on them for the future.

It's lack of respect for where I have to live is indicative of a very bad
person.

I really don't know if some of these people realise that they are
considered such by the majority (and I think they are still only a
minority) or if they do, that they care ... or think to care till it
happens to them that is. Collect the fly-tip up and shoot it over
their front garden wall. ;-)

Where? Mostly done by Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers.

I'd be more than happy to see custodial sentences for littering.

I think I would prefer to see community service, at least for smaller
/ first (caught) offences, get them out litter picking themselves,
then they might better *understand* the issue.

snip
--
Tim Lamb