Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coal out -- Natural gas in

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 14:36:35 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 1/21/2020 1:17 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/20/2020 08:18 PM, wrote:
I would say the same thing about the Manatee. The population we have
needs to be near the power plant all winter or they will die of cold
stress. (water temps 68-69 degrees).

What did they do before the power plants? Head south for the winter?

They still do that now.

Not really, they just head up to the power plant.
Manatee are 15-20 generations away from remembering about migration
south, if they ever knew in the first place. It is clear now that they
are not leaving the bays and moving up to the power plants until the
last minute and that is far too late to actually get far enough south
to find warm water.
Most of the natural springs in south Florida that used to give them
some relief have dried up from overuse of water by the millions of new
residents.