Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default what's a quick way to verify UVC from germicidal lamp?

On 1/19/2020 9:01 AM, amdx wrote:
On 1/19/2020 8:59 AM, amdx wrote:
On 1/18/2020 3:11 PM, KC JONES wrote:
I've had a germicidal lamp more or less in storage for a number of
years, but recently brought it out to sterilize a room where a person
had been sick.Â* However, I don't know if it still emits the germ
killing UVC spectrum.Â* What's a quick way I could tell for sure?
Thanks.

I see UVC covers 200nm to 280nm. I don't know anything about UVC bulbs
so I need to ask is does yours have a specific wavelength output? Like
270nm? My limited search finds bulbs of 254nm to 270 nm.
Â*Â*I did a little searching and didn't find anything in the way of UVC
sensors. But maybe a way to back into it?
Â*Â*Adafruit has a UV sensor that works from 240nm to 370nm for $6.50.
Maybe buy a filter for UVA and UVB, to cover that sensor and see if it
senses any UVC. OR buy a UVC sensor and flip flop covering and
uncovering the sensor and see if you get a square wave output.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Â*I should have posted the sensor.
https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/1918guva.pdf

Â*and the adafruit pcb.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/191...An90EALw_ wcB

No one has responded to my post. Is there anything fundamentally wrong
other than the cost of filters is high and the sensor has it weakest
response in the UVC wavelength.
I don't mind the idea getting shot down, I'd learn something.

Mikek