Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default DAB Radio in car

That does not mean its fixed, you might just have a cleaner voltage
regulator than the one mentioned.

I have one of those little ones deriving plus and minus five from a 9v psu
wall wart and it kills almost anything from receiving within about five
foot. Heap of junk.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Scott" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 12:07:23 GMT, John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:

My DAB has been breaking up recently and the radio automatically drops to
FM. This is a bit annoying though die to the slight time difference.

Grubbing about on a Facebook Group someone asked if I had anything plugged
into my Cigar Lighter Socket - I have - a Dashcam. I unplugged it and the
problem went away.

It seems the 12v to 5v ciruit causes interference. I found a couple of
YouTube videos that seem to confirm it.

Now I need a solution!

https://youtu.be/O2npY4BApZM?t=211

My dashcam is 'hard wired' to the fuse box to avoid the socket. It
was fitted by Halfords.