Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coal out -- Natural gas in

On 1/20/2020 2:00 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/20/2020 1:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/20/2020 12:55 PM, wrote:

I have been pretty happy with FPL and I can't complain about my bills.
The Ft Myers plant went off bunker oil over 2 decades ago. The only
bad news is they have to artificially heat the discharge water for the
manatees because the gas plant is so efficient the water isn't warm
enough for them in the winter.
I guess the manatee lovers are hoping for more global warming to
expand their range.

I'm very happy with them.Â* When I lived in CT the rates were
effectively .21 kWhr.Â* Here for the year I used more electricity but
paid $900 less.

You guys are lucky.Â* Ours keeps going up.Â* DE got flim flammed by Bloom
Engineering to have them build and use fuel cells using natural gas fuel
and of course cost of power went up and jobs did not materialize.Â* Using
natural gas as a turbine fuel is cheaper and more efficient.Â* State also
got flim flammed into pumping money into offshore windmills that never
got built.

In CT and MA they allowed you to choose your electric supplier (for
generation) and competition would save you a lot of money. Sounds good,
freedom of choice!

First year I saved about $60, second year $30, by fourth year is was
more expensive and if you were not careful, very expensive. Middlemen
made a bunch of money though.