Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coal out -- Natural gas in

Jut got an email from my power company, Florida Power and Light,
announcing my bill will be going down. This is part of their story:

Over the last decade, weve retired coal-powered plants and modernized
many of our older oil-burning power plants with new natural gas-fired
plants. And, were not stopping there!

Weve built the Okeechobee Clean Energy Center to help meet the energy
needs of Floridas growing population and expanding economy. This new
energy center is one of the cleanest, most efficient facilities of its
kind in the world.

Plans are also underway to modernize the existing Lauderdale Plant
located in Broward County with a new state-of-the-art natural gas power
plant. When completed, this new facility, the FPL Dania Beach Clean
Energy Center, will run on clean, U.S.-produced natural gas and generate
enough energy to power approximately 250,000 homes.

Using domestic natural gas instead of foreign oil to generate power is
saving FPL customers billions of dollars on fuel. In fact, since 2001
customers have saved nearly $10 billion on fuel through FPLs efficient
natural gas power plants. By bringing online additional efficient,
cleaner power plants in the next few years, customers will continue to
save money on fuel costs